Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Best Convention Speech No One Heard


John Kerry was mad and he wasn't going to take it anymore! Wow! Yesterday's speech at the Democratic National Convention was a barn burner! Where was this guy in 2004? Ya think he feels a bit responsible for the last four years?


For someone who was supposedly entertaining the idea of selecting John McCain as a running mate in 2004, he sure lit into him. I think drawing the distinction between "Senator McCain" and "Candidate McCain" was something the Obama people better insert into his stump speech right away.

Kerry was brilliant (I never thought I'd ever utter those words). And he actually showed passion and humanity. He was even self deprecating about his 2004 defeat by ending his attack on McCain with "Talk about 'I voted for it before I voted against it!' Give me a break"

Of course, CNN decided that Wolf Blitzer's blabbering on about the "best team on television" or how you can get all the speeches on cnn.com was more compelling television, so only the voluminous C-SPAN audience got a sniff of the red-meat.

No comments: